This was the first time we've ever stayed at a Bed and Breakfast and it was fabulous, other than the fact that there wasn't a TV (now I sound like my Dad). LOL And of course we missed Saturday's breakfast because we had to leave early for the race, but we were the first ones down for Sunday's breakfast, which was wonderful! We were served a quiche and ham. This was the view from our balcony Sunday morning as the sun was coming up . . .



Even though we were there for the race, we did have time to stroll through town before everyone headed back home. Leavenworth is a town in the Cascade Mountains that looks just like a little Bavarian village. Beer and Brats are a FAV and draws quite a crowd especially during Oktoberfest. There were a lot of people dressed up in authentic German outfits and it always reminds me of Clark Griswald in "European Vacation", one of Joe's favorite movies.
I really wasn't in the shape for walking around, but I think that it actually helped me to move around a bit before I crashed! We stopped and had some ice cream and if it wasn't for the fact that I just ran for the past five hours I'm sure I would have enjoyed it a whole lot more. We said our good-byes and then Joe and I went back to the B&B to sit in the hot tub for awhile . . . showered and then headed back into town for some dinner. By this time I was barely moving, still wasn't hungry, but knew that I needed to eat something and of course by now Joe was starving. I didn't care where he wanted to eat as long as we could sit down, we settled on Gustav's . . . I ordered a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich on sour dough with imported swiss cheese, it was yummy! After dinner Joe could see that I was obviously exhausted so we headed back to our room to call it a night.On our way home we traveled over Bluet Pass, we stopped along side the road and captured one of the many corners we saw this fine Autumn day . . .
7 comments:
I'm so glad you got to experience Bed and Breakfast, now you know how Dad felt, no TV!
The Fall colors pics was pretty.
No problem taking care of the kids, but I was tired and sore from the ride to and from.
what gorgeous pics! If I'd had the time or energy, I would have stayed to walk around, too. Kudos to you - I was too tired and sore! :)
gorgeous pics!!! !and congrats on the marathon :D
Staying in a BedNBreakfast in fun...ok minus the no TV part LOL I felt the same way! The food is amazing!!! Your pictures are very nice! Leavenworth is a pretty cool little town!
Great photos! It was nice to see the steepness of the hills around me again. I have learned not to take for granted what is around you. Getting away from the regular everyday hustle and bustle is always nice. :)
Hopefully you can do it again sometime and be able to enjoy it fully! That was sweet of Joes boss!{and your mom and dad for keeping the kids}! Great pics!
Oh what fantastic photos, and such a beautiful place! I'm glad you got to experience it!
Post a Comment