Sunday, May 16, 2010

Only 9 more . . .

Only NINE more of what you ask??? My Dad only has NINE more radiation treatments, only NINE more trips in the car for 5 hours a day 5X a week , only NINE more days coming home extremely exhausted, only NINE more days until he can start rebuilding his energy so that he can get back out on the golf course.

It's been almost 9-weeks since I heard those dreaded words, malignant brain tumor . . . I've struggled with trying to find the words to describe the pain I feel. March 15th is a day I'll NEVER forget . . . I'll NEVER forget hearing those words spill out of his mouth and I'll NEVER forget the days following . . . so many words spoken, so many tears shed! March 23rd my Dad had brain surgery, the Dr.'s were able to remove at least 95% of the tumor . . . he recovered very well and was back home with us within 5 days. I've never felt so close to my Dad and every single day I pray for a miracle. I'll continue to do everything within my power to help him fight this horrible cancer.


Thanks,
Photobucket

17 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Hang in there, Gina! I'm praying for you and your family during this time.

Mona Pendleton said...

So nice to see a pic of you and your Dad Gina :) I will continue to pray for you & your family. Big Hugs :)

Margie Higuchi said...

Gina, wanted to add my thoughts & prayer to you and esp. your dad! Great picture btw - we're pulling for ya, dad! xo

Latisha said...

Hey there sweet Gina. You and your family are always in my prayers at night. Beautiful picture of you and your father.

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

The count-down is on! I know he will be so much happier when the rides everyday to Spokane stop...though we never got to wake up from this bad dream...our family is sticking together! If anyone can beat this UGLY cancer its Dad - I know he can do it...because when his strength fails...he has us to fall on! We will carry him the rest of the way!!!

jinxi~ aka angi said...

Who knew your life would change so dramatically in the blink of an eye. Im praying for you and your family. I know how important your Dad is to you. Keep your smile and remember you are in all our thoughts daily! Big hugs!!!

Julie Overby said...

What a sweet photo! You are such a strong person. I will continue to pray for you and your family. Mircles do happen! {{{hugs}}}

Mona said...

Love the picture of you and dad! But it makes me sad that I am not there to enjoy the time, too!! :(

Margee' said...

Mona, wish you were here with us too! It's been a tough time for the whole family, but you being in NJ must be alot tougher!

Yes! He's a fighter and is tired of the drive each day for treatments, but he is a fighter!

His family is along side him no matter where they are!

This has changed all of our lives!
I don't know how I'd get through this without you 3 girls!

Kimberly Crawford said...

(((((((((HUGS))))))))))) and more (((HUGS))))

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

Hugs and Prayers Gina coming your way Gina. I just love that picture of you and your dad.

Liz said...

Gina there is absoutely no words for this horrid nitemare. hugs and prayers

Amy Heller said...

Awwwwe, so sweet, Gina! So thankful that things have been going so well! And so glad you are able to breathe a little now. {{{Hugs!}}} BTW - I so wish I had a relationship with my dad - you guys look so cute! :) You are very blessed!

Joaniebolognie said...

I just found you through the blog Hop.....you touched my heart with this posting on your Dad...I hope you both enjoyed Father's Day!
Cherish every moment with your Dad...I miss mine!

Jody said...

There's light at the end of the tunnel. I'm a breast cancer survivor of 3 years. Tell your dad to hang in there, he can do it!!!
ascrappingdiva.blogspot.com

Terri said...

Gina,
I just stumbled across your Blog. I hope your dad is doing well. My Dad was diagnosed 2.5 yrs ago with Cancer and is still hanging in there.I found a book called "Beating Cancer with Nutrition" By: Patrick Quilling. It's a Must read, full of insite and inspiration....
Good Luck, Terri

Nancy Jensen said...

Good luck to your family. I hope and pray that you get many more memories with your dad.