Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Things will never be the same . . .

It's hard to believe that it's been a year since we found out the news that changed our lives forever. We never saw it coming, we would have never expected to hear those dreaded words . . . Malignant Brain Tumor! I can remember like it was yesterday, the events of that day, my Dad coming over to tell me the news . . . he was diagnosed with Glioblastoma Multiforme Stage 4 Brain Cancer . . . I was crushed! Here was this man, my superman, my HERO, my Dad . . . I thought that there was nothing that could bring him down, and now he was about to take on this battle to fight for his life. He would not be alone, we would not leave his side during this journey.

This devastation has brought our family closer than it has been in years. I still often wonder how this can even be happening. Although it seems like the longest year of my life, it has flow by . . . through brain surgery, radiation/chemo, countless road trips, MRIs and all the waiting for the results, Gamma Knife procedures, sleepless nights, Avastin infusions and plenty of tears, we have made it this far together . . . as a F A M I L Y!!! I pray daily for a CURE to be found and I'll ALWAYS be praying for that MIRACLE!


Thanks for stopping by,
Photobucket

9 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Wanted to let you know that you are not alone - me and all of your friends are pulling for your dad!!

Continuing my strong prayers for your dad, Gina!! Warm hugs to you!! xo

Kristen said...

This is a beautiful blog in tribute to your father. Keeping you and all of your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Kristen.

Liz said...

Gina,
I pray each day for a cure and a miracle for your family.

Margee' said...

I couldn't have said it better, a great tribute to your Dad. It's been a long journey this last year for all of us. We've made it this far! Now we pray for another year, then another year.

Yesterday was an emotional day for us, but was something we needed to do, just the two of us.

Love you!

Jen Harrison said...

Beautiful Art Gina. You guys are all in my prayers everyday!

{ erin } said...

sending lots of love...

Mona Pendleton said...

Hey Gina, you and your family are always in my thoughts and prayers! I can't believe a year has flown by since we first met! Never thought I would meet someone who talked more than myself :) LOL Even talked me to sleep :) So happy to have had the opportunity to meet you IRL and hopefully are paths will cross again until then I will keep being inspired by your awesome creativity! :) Big cyber hugs!

Angela said...

Big hugs girlie girl!!

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

Hugs Gina. Continued prayers for you.