Wednesday, January 14, 2009

How can it be possible that this month is nearly half over already??? It seems like we were just celebrating Christmas and now it's Joe's Birthday already . . . Happy "38th" Birthday Joe! All of our snow is finally gone and I'm back to hitting the pavement, and it's not been easy either! Three weeks of no running on account of the snow and ice has my body thinking it is starting all over . . . I'm back at ground zero again and it sucks! But knowing that Spring is just around the corner has given me a new motivation to shed the pounds that I've managed to gain back since my marathon. And also the fact that Joe has his 20th high school reunion this summer.

I was beyond excited to finally get to see my LO in the February issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Since I still can't post it, here's a little sneak peek . . . some of you may remember this LO from this past summer, CK asked if I could add a few more pictures prior to publication. I loved seeing my name so big on that page, I know that sounds crazy, but it feels good to be appreciated by someone other than my husband. Kaitie's almost as excited as I am, she can't wait to take her friends to Yoke's (our local grocery store) and show all of them that she is in print.
I never got around to sharing this card before it was picked up . . . so now you'll have to wait until the June 2009 issue of Cards hits the stands. I'm actually going to have two cards in that issue!

10 comments:

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

WOo HOo - I am just as excited as you to see you in CK...I still haven't managed to break that barrier lol - maybe someday...congrats on getting those two cards picked up...I knew the "ONE" would get picked the minute I saw it :D AWESOME WORK!!!

Angie said...

Wow Gina! I am so excited for you. Congrats on all your success!

And Happy Birthday to Joe!

Shaela said...

congrats Gina! :) love your work as always - can't wait to get the June issue of Cards!

Mona said...

VERY COOL!!! I am excited for both of you...

Congrats! :)

Margee' said...

Me too!

Your cards are great!
Your Lo is great also!

Winter sure has been tough for you to go running, hoping Spring arrives soon!

Unknown said...

Oh miss publication! LOL. Thanks for saying short hair would look good on me! LOL, I was thinking so too! :D I may do it. Sometime. MAYBE. I dont know, its so BIG. lol. But I am planning on some changes this year. SO if you see pics of me with some short hairs! LOL That BIG change has happened. LOL!

{ erin } said...

You've been tagged! Check it out at: http://scrappyerin.blogspot.com/

{ erin } said...

I seriously left you another comment earlier today. But I don't see it here. Hmmmm.... dumb blogger. LOL.

Bella has a little blurb posted about you (and your FANTASTIC LO) on their blog. CONGRATS!!! I'm going to totally pull the "yeah, I know her" bit at the LSS! :o)

jinxi~ aka angi said...

Congrats Gina!!! You are so talented so its no surprise, I just wonder what took them so long? ;) hehe..
Keep up the good work w/your running-send me some kick in the butt vibes.. Im going to have to work through some serious pain this summer and lose some weight so I can get rid of some knee pain.. hopefully.
Oh and Happy Birthday Joe! Such youngin's. ;) hehee

Fletch said...

Big congrats from me!!!! Your work is always awesome!!!