Sunday, January 4, 2009

A New Year . . .

A NEW BEGINNING . . . that's what I'm looking forward to for the New Year. I usually have a list of resolutions, resolutions that never amount to much after just a few weeks into the new year. So this year I'm just going to focus on a couple of things rather than an entire list. I hope that I can achieve things this year that wasn't done last year . . . not sure if another marathon will be in sight for 2009 but definitely a couple of runs or even a half marathon. If this snow and ice will ever disappear I can start running again, it's been a long three weeks of nothing.

By now everyone's chosen their NEW word for the coming year . . . a word to focus on, a word to become.

Ali Edwards said . . .
"A single word can be a powerful thing."

I've chosen and am going with the word SIMPLIFY! I'm already a pretty simple person, but I plan to simplify the everyday craziness in my life, to simplify the way I look at things and to simplify how I react to them. I look forward to all the changes we're about to endure as a family, the changes I want to conquer for myself and the changes that I hope for my children as they turn another year older. I will accept the things that I cannot change which in turn will make my life simpler and that much more enjoyable.

7 comments:

Deb said...

I LOVE your word choice! I've been thinking about this too. Happy New Year to you and your family!

Angie said...

I hope you and your family have a wonderful year, Gina. I love the word you chose.

jinxi~ aka angi said...

Simplifying the way we react to things... brilliant!
Best wishes for the New Year!

Shaela said...

what a great word. :) I'm not ready to simplify yet, but I wish you luck as you do!

Fletch said...

Fantastic word choice!! Hope this year brings you lots of good health and joy!

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Great Word Gina!!! This will be a great year - I am sure of it! :)

Angie said...

Hey Gina, check out my blog, I gave you an award.