WOW . . . it's been over a month since the last time I blogged! I wish I could say that time flies when your having fun, but it wasn't all fun! The kids and I set out on our little adventure early last month, we drove 1500+ miles in just two days. We made it to Missoula, MT early in the afternoon, stopped at Cracker Barrel for some pancakes . . . I should have hit Starbucks on the way back out of town because that was the last one I saw the rest of the trip. We rolled into Billings about 7:30 PM (not sure if that was our time or theirs), checked into our hotel then took Jakob swimming for awhile . . . after being couped up in the car all day he had plenty of energy to burn.


We finally got to bed close to midnight, the morning came way too quick! We had breakfast and then hit the road again . . . we arrived in Chamberlain, SD earlier than I thought we would, I had planned on this being our second night's stop . . . it was only late afternoon. We drove and drove finally arriving in Iowa at a quarter past ten. Now, anyone who knows me knows that when we travel Joe does ALL the driving . . . so this was a BIG thing for me to do all alone, but we made it safe and sound. We arrived in Iowa just in time to celebrate Burt Days, hometown parade, watermelon and fireworks.
Day #1 . . .






And these were some of the
BEST fireworks we've
EVER seen . . .
5 comments:
Wow! Those pics are great!
The fireworks pics are excellent!!!
yeah I am pretty shocked you did all that driving by yourself...see I think now you can drive to Seattle too if need be TO SHOP OF COURSE ;)...AWESOME pictures :D
What an amazing journey! Im glad you made it safe and sound and that you had a good time.. The kids will remember this forever! {well you too Im sure}hehee.. and I love the feeling of conquering new places on my own!
Oh Angi, you haven't heard the rest of the story yet . . . the good times ended on the way home! LOL
Post a Comment