I can't stop making Christmas cards . . . nothing like getting a jump start on this year, huh? I just can't get enough of this MM Christmas line, I made a couple of projects as Christmas gifts and then started using up the scraps and created these . . .




I made this frame for my MIL's Christmas gift, it's actually still sitting right here in my living room. She's been stranded in Wisconsin since just before Christmas. Made it there safely through a blizzard, then her BIL wrecked her jeep and it's been one thing after another to get it repaired. She finally got it back today and headed home to Iowa. I look at the pictures of Joe (Joe's Dad) and Kaitie on her first Christmas back in 1995 . . . I can remember like it was yesterday him giving her that Baby Beans Doll. He gave Danniel (Joe's sister) one when she was little and would say that every little girl needed to have a "Baby Beans"! Kaitie still has that doll, I don't think she'll ever get rid of it. Then the picture of him and Jakob, this was actually the first and last Christmas (2005) Jakob ever got to spend with him. When I stumbled upon this poem I knew instantly that I wanted to use it on something for her . . .“My First Christmas In Heaven”
I see the countless Christmas trees around the world below,
with tiny lights, like Heaven’s stars, reflecting on the snow.
The sight is so spectacular, please wipe away the tear,
for I am spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year!
I hear the many Christmas songs, that people hold so dear.
But the sounds of music can’t compare with the Christmas choir up here.
I have no words to tell you, the joy their voices bring,
For it’s beyond description, to hear the angels sing.
I know how much you miss me, I see pain inside your heart.
But I am not so far away, we really aren’t apart.
So be happy for me, loved ones, you know I hold you dear,
And be glad I’m spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year!
I send you each a special gift, from my heavenly home above.
I send you each a memory of my undying love.
After all, Love is a gift, more precious than pure gold.
It was always most important in the stories Jesus told.
Please love and keep each other as our Father said to do.
For I can’t count the blessings or love He has for you.
So have a Merry Christmas and wipe away that tear,
Remember . . . I’m spending Christmas with Jesus Christ this year!
Written by Wanda Bencke
And here's a super quick gift idea . . . yummy too!



5 comments:
Gorgeous layouts and projects!!!
They all look great! You've been busy!
Nice stuff!! ;)
That poem is gorgeous Gina, absolutely perfect for that lovely gift
Hi Gina! I am checking out blogs now that I am into this blog thing LOL. I love yours and will be stopping by a lot! Martha tagged me, and now I would like to tag you! Go to my blog for the details!
www.scrapsofdeb.blogspot.com
Post a Comment