Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Wrestling Season has begun . . .
Jakob has been telling us for months that he didn't want to wrestle this year, but as the season approached he changed his mind. This will be Jakob's 4th year wrestling, he started just after he turned five. Jakob didn't go to tournaments that first year, his 2nd year, he medaled in all but one tournament and last year well, that is a whole other story . . . he wrestled in the 7-8 year old bracket, with him only being seven meant he would have to wrestle the older kids. And there was something about Jakob seeing that "8" on the back of their hand that totally freaked him out! At one tournament we were called to the announcers table because Jakob had decided to forfeit his match! WHAT??? I didn't even know he knew what that word meant . . . we talked him into finishing, but the match only lasted a couple minutes if that, Jakob let the other kid pin him just so that it would all be over . . . FAST! I never knew what kind of a mental sport wrestling truly was . . . I played soccer most of my life! Here's a shadow box I made to display the medal that he won last year . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This looks great!
Can't wait for you to get them all done.
Gina this is gorgeous!
That's beautiful!!!
Really nice shadow box. He'll treasure it forever. :)
Post a Comment