Sunday, March 15, 2009

I'm still here . . .

for now . . . if you haven't noticed I've not been a good blogger lately! My last post was exactly a month ago . . . I always have a ton to say, but am lacking in the motivation department. I sat down with one of these and decided it was time for an update.

These past few weeks my days have been filled with phone calls for Joe's new business . . . I never dreamed it would take up so much of my time. It's weird! It's like I've gone back to work, but I don't ever have to leave my house. I kind of like this . . . I'll like it even more once those checks are delivered to my mailbox. Our evenings are busy with homework, me actually having to be the one to cook dinner now and also wrestling practice. Our Saturdays are spent traveling to Jakob's wrestling tournaments and then Sunday comes around and it's spent resting and catching up on things that we couldn't get done during week, basically hiding out and just enjoying each other . . . well trying to anyways. In between all this it seems like every other day there's some kind of catastrophe that has to be dealt with . . . I can only image what my blood pressure is??? A couple weeks ago while Renee' and I were in Seattle visiting the UofW hospital for the twin study I was told that it was a little high. I'm certain it's on the rise again . . .

We had some freaky weather this past week as well . . . Monday afternoon a storm moved in, literally within minutes the lawn and streets were completely white with marble size hail. It started up again later that night as we were coming home of Jake's wrestling practice, huge hail for a few minutes then it was like a blizzard . . . isn't it suppose to be almost Spring??? I have tulips and daffodil's coming up already and it looks like this . . . then we wake up to upper teens and low 20's again . . . it's just crazy! I haven't been running either, that's definitely going to have to change this week. Maybe that will help my blood pressure go down.

We spent all day Saturday in Benton City at Jake's wrestling tournament . . . no medal this time around but he did however manage another black eye so that's two for two!
***I have no idea what is wrong with blogger, but for some reason it's wanting to mess with me . . . I guess it's punishment for neglecting it for so long . . . it WILL NOT let me move my pics around ----> so that's why there's pics at the top of my post and not within the post where they belong! Check out the picture of Jake smiling you can definitley tell he's having a good time, the other kid not so much . . . he looked up and saw me with my camera and gave the biggest smile . . . do I have him trained or what?!?!
I have managed to get a couple of LO's done and hope to share them real soon.

6 comments:

Shaela said...

that picture of Jakob smiling is PRECIOUS!! and btw... I need that first pic for my "this is home" mini book. mind sharing? :) glad you're back on blogger... at least for now!

jinxi~ aka angi said...

hahaha, that lil man is hilarious! hahaa. Sounds like life is treating you well and keeping you busy. Im happy that Joes business is doing so good and that you are liking it as well. I cant wait to see your scrap goodies!

jinxi~ aka angi said...

oh I forgot.. when the tulips bloom pleast take pics.. I love them!

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Jakob cracks me up - I can't imagine how he would have had time to smile for you while wrestling lol...

Margee' said...

We're all hoping for Spring.
Had that hailstorm then yesterday warmer temperatures and dust/wind storm.
Love the pic of the Jakob smiling, he's a little brat!
Your daffodils have buds on them already! I've not even looked at mine!
Glad you're back and sorry to pics aren't where you planned them to be. I had that problem last week, finally edited until I got the pic.

Lainey said...

Hi Gina
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Just wanted to wish you a happy St Patrick's Day today! oh and baby Zac came home last night;-)

Lainey :-)