Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Another school year begins . . .

TODAY! I just can't believe how fast this summer flew by . . . although I'm most certainly ready for the kids to be back in school all day, I'm not so sure I'm ready to deal with all the other shit that comes along with it! Kaitie is starting the 8th grade and Jakob will be in 3rd grade this year. I ask myself how that can be all the time??? Hopefully Jakob will keep up with his reading, he seems to be doing so well (when he wants to). Kaitie on the other hand . . . it's not her academics that we worry about, she has always been a good student. What we worry about is the social behaviors of eighth grade kids these days. Luckily, she has her mom's attitude and dad's sharp wit to keep her from being a follower. The weather wasn't cooperating for pictures this morning either . . . windy like always! So, this was as good as it got!
Since I was so busy this morning preparing lunches, getting kids ready for their first day of school, taking pictures and walking Jakob to school to have a parent meeting once school started . . . I didn't go on my run this morning. I switched my rest day that's tomorrow to today, good thing because it was so windy and I hate running in the wind! I think Joe and I will go walk the hill later tonight, the wind usually dies down a bit in the evenings. Race day is fast approaching . . . only 37 more days.

5 comments:

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Great first day photos Gina! I can't believe today was the first day...I'm so glad its over...we are so tired! I was afriad I would oversleep and I was up at 5:12am lol Hopefully it won't be a shitty year!

Margee' said...

Hoping the kids have a great school year. Pics look great, but I already told you that!
Enjoy some time to yourself!

Mona said...

Our first day isn't until September 4. So we are still on summer break!! However, first soccer games are this weekend, a tournament of all things. What a way to start off a season, two weekends or tournaments before the real season begins! CRAZY!

Lesli said...

I always loved the first day of school. Just like you, I wanted to capture the perfect back to school photo. It is such a new and fresh time for our children. I hope the school year treats them well!

Mireille said...

wow girl! Great to see you again..
they look lovely!
It's been quite a while.. hasn't it?
how have you been?