Not only did I make it through my 18-mile run yesterday morning . . . I ran the entire 18-miles in 3 hours and 5 minutes. My sister (Renee') and I started out just after 6:00 AM, she was riding Kaitie's bike. It was only about 2 1/2 minutes into it and she was already complaining her ass hurt, I figured that wouldn't take long. LOL She continued on the bike for 10-miles and then gave it up and ran the next 6-1/2 miles along side of me. Considering she hasn't ran in months, I think her running that whole way without stopping is Awesome. I don't think she'll come along for another run anytime soon definitely not my 20-mile run in a couple of weeks.
The run wasn't so bad . . . I think the hardest part came during that last mile, I literally talked myself into finishing it up actually still running. I kept telling myself to keep going, not much further to go, Gina, you can do this! It was hard to imagine that on race day I'd still have another 8.2 miles to go to the finish line. I started out yesterday morning with full intentions of running without stopping, I knew that this 18-miles would be my biggest challenge yet and I am so proud of myself for getting through it! I know that this is something I can accomplish and I'm not going to give up! My goal has always been to run this race without having to stop and if I can just get past thinking that I need to finish it in less than 4 1/2 hours and remember that I'm doing this for fun . . . I'll be OK!
So after all that, I helped Nee' and Stuart move the rest of the day . . . talk about being worn out! Even after relaxing in the hot tub for awhile I was barely moving by eight o'clock. Woke up this morning, wasn't nearly as sore and got around pretty good today. I finished helping them move and clean . . . got Starbucks out of the deal, so I can't complain, right? Thanks Nee'!!! ;)
7 comments:
Congrats Gina! What determination you have! :D I am totally proud of you! I could never do that! I mean considering... I believe it is against my religion to run w/o a purpose! haha, as in... Running after a ball... or running away from a herd of wild boars... (cause that could totally happen... )
OMG I can't believe you did it either!!! Woo Hoo!!! You are totally awesome!!! I was just thinking about your 20 mile run - I'm not sure how I'll be able to do that...lol...I hated that biking crap! You know that I will be there at that finish line I will snap that photo of you running across that finish line!
Wow, you go girl! Im so proud of you! :)
Yes, we're all proud of her.
I told Gina Nee' would get sore riding the bike :)
We helped too with the move, but I just supervised.
Way to go! :)
Congrats on that long run!! Just amazing!! I think you're doing awesome!!
Gina, you amaze me, way to go!! I'm totally bummed that I can't run with you anymore though. What kind of friend am I: I talked you into doing the marathon in the first place, then totally bail out on you! Sorry about that. But you love me anyway, right? ;)
Post a Comment