Sunday, August 3, 2008

I'm beginning to wonder if my life is EVER going to SLOW DOWN . . .

Things are still just crazy around here . . . although I know things won't be settling down for some time. I'm hoping that in the next week or so we'll get at least some answers and maybe we'll be looking forward to some changes that could be very life changing for our family. As exciting as some of it may be, I try not to think about it because it just stresses me out! So, for now we're just living in the moment and hoping for the best!

Most of last week my laptop was on the fritz! It seems that my BIL has fixed the problem at least for the moment, here's me knocking on wood that it stays working for awhile. I'm still doing my marathon training, I start week #12 in the morning . . . it's been a very long road up to this point! I've easily run over 250 miles and have lost about half the weight that I was wanting to by race day so far. I lost my running partner to a stress fracture four weeks ago, but Saturday she was able to get on her bike and she rode along side me for my 14-mile run. That was the longest run to date . . . it wasn't as bad as it sounds until the minute I stopped, my legs were like jello and I still had a 1/2-mile walk to my car.

I also got an email earlier this week requesting a project for the NEW "Homemade" (formally Paper Trends) Premier issue. WOO HOO . . . Super Excited!!! <--- Can you tell??? And lastly, here's my creations from the past two weeks at Page Plans . . .
Page Plans Week #16 . . . (LO Sketch designed by Lesli)
Page Plans Week #15 . . . (LO Sketch designed by Chris and Card Sketch designed by Lesli)

10 comments:

Margee' said...

Remember my motto!
"Life Goes On . . . One Day at a Time!"
It'll all work out!

Your LO's and card look great!

Mona said...

At the time it doesn't help, but as Marc always tells me.... everything happens for a reason.

BTW...love your LOs and your card.

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

...and my favorite saying...IT IS WHAT IT IS...somehow you'll get thru this!

Congrats on your marathon training! You are doing this!!! You will make it!!!

Angie said...

I hope you get the answers your looking for Gina. I am totally blown away by all your marathon training.
As always your layouts are awesome.

Hugs

taryn said...

Hey Gina, I'm praying for you and your life-changing decisions! I hope you have peace through the journey!

These creations are perfectly gorgeous!! Your pumpkins are SO cool!! Love the design of that page. I want to drive all the way to Washington and steal that puppy away; it's SOOO cute! :)

Shaela said...

life only slows down when you're dead. :0) congrats on your happy news and you ROCK for running the whole 14 miles!!! I'm hoping to be back on my feet with you next week, at least for part of our runs. :0) keep your head up - the answers will come soon. I'm praying for you.

jinxi~ aka angi said...

awww I love that Puppy Love layout! and wow.. 14 miles?? You rock. Here is a cheer for inspiration lady!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Congrats on getting pick up for the premiere-I did too!!! I love that we will be in it together!! All your work is SO stinking beautiful, Gina!! You have such an elegant eye and a clean look that I wish I could achieve!!
I hope that life moves along the way you are hoping!!
((HUGS)) and have a great weekend!

tanyal said...

Congrats on your magazine pick up!! That is awesome. I love that Jack-O-Lantern page, please spill the beans on that paper, it's just adorable!!

Greta Adams said...

i haven't checked out page plans...i need to do that...beautiful work and i am in LOVe with your daughters hair color....{deep sigh}