Thursday, September 25, 2008

Less than 9 days . . .

until my Marathon! I can't believe it's almost time, the past nineteen weeks of training have been tough as hell, especially those LONG RUNS! I've made it through the worst part (well, except for the actual race) but I think I'm ready . . . ready, but really nervous! This is probably going to be the toughest thing I've ever done. I don't think that even childbirth will compare to this . . . it's going to take me longer to complete this race than it did for me to give birth to Kaitie and Jakob.

My runs have scaled back a ton, I finished up my last long run this morning down at the river . . . only 8-miles. My body is telling me that I've been over working it, the little aches and pains don't seem to be going away very fast now. I just keep telling myself that this is almost over . . . and it is! Next week is the last week of training, just three VERY short runs and then I am off to Leavenworth for the big day . . .

7 comments:

Margee' said...

You've worked so hard training for this Marathon.
We are so proud of what you've done, can't wait for next Sat.

Shaela said...

I can't believe how far you've come - and I am so sad and jealous I can't run alongside you!! :( But I will BE THERE on Saturday - I wouldn't miss it for anything!

jinxi~ aka angi said...

Im sooo excited for you. Will be praying for continued strength! :)

Mona said...

Keep up the good work! Have a great run on Saturday.

Angie said...

You have been working so hard, getting ready for this race. I know you will do great!

taryn said...

Gina, how exciting and amazing! Even the training itself is a huge accomplishment! I hope your aches and pains melt away as you complete your training and finish preparing for the big day! I'll continue to pray for you, and know you'll do well! Congratulations already! And, here's a little scripture for you: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians%203:13-14;&version=31;

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

I just can't believe how fast these 19 weeks have gone by!!! You've done an amazing job training...the most amazing part is that you've done it by yourself! You've not given up and no matter how hard its gotten you've kept going and told yourself that you can do this...something that dad instilled in us a long time ago...drive...and strength to achieve those things that we want and the ability to to keep going even when we think we can't. We will all be there with you on Saturday and will be cheering for you along the way...we are so proud of you and our truely amazed that you will have accomplished such a great thing! Love ya ;)