Sunday, September 14, 2008

Who was I trying to kid . . .

20-miles was harder than I thought! Saturday morning I set out for my last long-long run before race day. When I finally got down to the river I noticed that there was a race scheduled. I certainly didn't want to be running amongst all those runners, but didn't know of any other 20-mile courses I could have switched to. If I'd only known that this half marathon was taking place I may have actually considered running it, 13.1 miles sounded so much better to me! I was already into 6.5 miles before I ran into the race traffic, they were going the opposite direction . . . YIKES!!! By the time I had finished up 12 1/2 miles I was completely out of water and it was HOT! I was so thirsty that even the water at the drinking fountains tasted good, I stopped at every single one all the way back. I was giving myself a time limit of 3 1/2 hours . . . didn't make that goal, it ended up taking me 3 hours and 42 minutes. It was pretty close and considering all the stopping at the drinking fountains it wasn't too bad. I'm sure glad that was my longest run until race day, my body hates me for punishing it! Tylenol Arthritis Pain is my new best friend! LOL :D

12 comments:

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

lol - gotta love pain meds
at least this one it done and outta the way - one more long run to go and then you are DONE!!!

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

ignore my typos ;)

Shaela said...

shame on you - you were supposed to stop at 3 hours!! :P I guess that's what happens when your running partner ditches and you're all by your lonesome. :( I will so be there on race day though - and WAY TO GO getting that long run in!! (p.s. thanks for not posting pics of the spider ;) lol

Chris said...

awesome job on the running!!!!!!!!! and kudos for stopping and re-wetting your body!!! and glad you have pain meds ;)

Gina said...

Oh Shaela, I knew you'd say something about the time . . . but either way I had to get back to my car and I knew that all I cared about was getting back to it as fast as I could! Or as in my case as slow as I could at the moment was as fast as I could! LOL :D

Angie said...

You rock, great job on that long run! I would have never made it out my front door. LOL

Mona said...

Congrats! that is one LONG run. I'd never do it. ;)

jinxi~ aka angi said...

omygosh! Seriously.. you did really well not too much off your mark!
Keep up the good work and take care of yourself chickiedoodle!

Margee' said...

You're doing a great job!
Hang in there, you're almost there!

Kimberly Crawford said...

you are crazy! but I think that it is a very cool thing that you are doing! I could never do it myself!

scrappermimi said...

Oh my! I have run 2 marathons and remember the pain of training! OUCH!

Good luck and love that great winter card in your last post!

jinxi~ aka angi said...

ps: tagged you on my blog!