Monday, April 13, 2009

Our Easter . . .

When we got back from Jakob's wrestling tournament Saturday night, Jakob was pretty persistent about borrowing a carrot from Grandma so that he could leave a little snack out for the Easter Bunny. We got home, he wrote out this little note, wrapped it around the carrot and off to bed he went. It never fails though . . . it doesn't matter how late to bed we get either on Christmas Eve or the night before Easter, Jakob's up before the crack of dawn and can't wait to dig into his goodies . . . Kaitie doesn't seem to care about getting up too early anymore as her sleep is a little more important, but Jake always busts into her room before he comes into ours. I think the Easter Bunny was good to them this year as he is every year! I finished up the treats for all the kids, we got ready and headed over to my parents house. It started to rain just as the kids were starting their egg hunt, that didn't seem to stop them . . .
I wasn't very good at getting any pictures this year either, I didn't get a single family photo taken, not even a single picture of Kaitie and Jakob together . . . I guess I was just still too tired from the day before and just wanted to relax and enjoy the moment.

Here's the Easter gifts I made for my nieces and nephews . . .My Mom's Birthday is always around Easter, here's the card that I made her . . .

9 comments:

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Oh that photo of the kids is great! I didn't get a good one of them either :( My kiddos enjoyed their goodies from you - THANK YOU!!! Jake's message to the Easter Bunny is cute ;)

Margee' said...

Yep! Even with rain the kids had a good time! They are so busy, it's hard to get their pics.
Loved the card and plant, Joe did good job weaving the plant around the Bunny Trellis. :)

Margee' said...

Oh! Was cute when Jakob asked me for a carrot, but he wanted the biggest one in the bag, sorry, gave him the smallest! :)

Mona said...

Looks like they had fun regardless of the weather...but when do kids care about the weather anyways?

Shaela said...

love all the craftiness! your stuff is adorable - hope your mom had a happy birthday :)

lashell said...

sooo cute!!!

{ erin } said...

Gina - love those easter bottles!!

I had to order the American Crafts stuff, too. But Adrienne told me CWH is selling AC now?

Here's the link to where I ordered it: http://www.tallyscrapper.com/american-crafts.php?view_page=2&view_page=3

jinxi~ aka angi said...

Those treats are adorable. Im glad you did get to enjoy Easter. Sometimes its not about capturing the moment, but living it. ;)

Your Mommas card is so pretty! Happy Birthday Margee!!!! hehe

jinxi~ aka angi said...

ps: the carrot and note for the Easter Bunny... priceless!