Well, Jakob just finished up with another wrestling season, he also insists that this one was his last. It's a little sad to hear him say that, he's put so much time and effort into the past five years. Joe and I aren't going to discuss any wrestling with Jakob in hopes of him changing his mind about it come January . . . only time will tell! I know that he gets discouraged, the older he gets the tougher the competition is. I can also see how excited and proud he is when he is declared the winner.
This past Saturday was the Jason Crawford Memorial in Cheney, WA at Eastern Washington University. It was a very long day, we woke up at 4:30 AM with weigh-ins starting at 6:00 AM. At this tournament only coaches are allowed out on the mat, which means I'm up in the stands with my zoom lens. Jakob won his first match, then lost the next two. It's always so exhausting . . . that ride home is always the longest trip EVER, stopping halfway home for a caramel sauce white mocha frappuccino at Starbucks helped though, we finally pulled into the driveway around 9:00 PM.



7 comments:
I know how you feel...the girls say they do not want to play soccer any more....I don't want to start all over with another sport either....guess time will tell.
The kids' heads are not in the 'game' like ours were when we were younger... :(
That's for sure Mona . . . Jake's heart just isn't in it anymore! :(
Our kiddos just aren't like us...but maybe that's because we aren't like dad! We need to let our kids make their own decisions...I really didn't want Ben to stop Taekwondo and he did...I keep asking him if he wants to start back up he "always" says no! :(
Gina...I LOVE the picture of Joe having a little talk with Jake :)
Still hoping you can too!!!!
awwww.
What a longgg day!
Who knows what kids will decide. We just always hope for the best and encourage. Ya'll seem to do a great job of just that. He sure is a cutie!
I'm sorry Jakob didn't win more in Cheney. And maybe he will change his mind come January. :) hope you have a good week!
What are you going to do with your free Saturdays now? Dud will miss visiting our house and Lucy, NOT!
Yep! Kids need to decide if they want to play sports. We were lucky your girls loved playing and running, was hard keeping up with all of you through the years. I was always there for you, even after frost bitten toes in Yakima! :(
Post a Comment