Veteran's Day has always had a special meaning to me . . . my Dad served during the Vietnam War. As I've gotten older I've been able to appreciate what his service really means not just to me, but to our entire country. Even though my Dad hates that all his daughters always have their cameras out during family functions in hopes of not missing that special moment and with 3+ cameras going at once someone's sure to catch everything. I am glad that he was able to capture and save his memories, good and bad while he was serving overseas. The photos he collected while over there have always stayed between the covers of those albums. My Mom and I dug through all those pictures, we wanted to use some of his memories to show how proud we are of him . . . Thanks Dad!
9 comments:
You did a great job on this, thank you so much!
looks great, Gina! what a great tribute to your dad. :)
Beautiful display of patriotism!! I love it--what a great tribute to your dad and all the soliders out there who have served this fantastic country!
You did an awesome job on this Gina. What a wonderful tribute to your dad.
This is just wonderful, Gina!
This is just fabulous Gina and I am sure he loved it. Just wonderful.
Your dad is quite a man...he is one of the toughest guys I have ever met...He is what America is and I wish we had more like him...I know how much you worked on this tribute and I am sure he was deeply moved by the memories you created...he is blessed to have a daughter like you...joe
This is just amazing. Im so glad that you got to do this and shared with us. I was really entranced by all the photos, especially the one "professional" photo of him in his dress outfit and combat overshadowing. Wow is all I can say, you have definitely done a fine job... and so has your Daddy! Thank you!
ps: I wanted to comment on Joes Dads tribute, but dont want to go after the sweet words Joe left, so I will just leave you with big hugs!
This is beautiful! Perfect choice of music (I loved that Lee Greebwood tape - played till I wrecked it, LOL!)
I wish someone would write a great song like that for Canada - substitute Canadian references in that song, and it's exactly how I feel.
Tell your Dad that we're ALL proud of men like him!
Post a Comment