Thursday, November 20, 2008

WOW!!! "15" years already . . .

Can that even be possible??? I look back at our wedding picture and we don't even look old enough to be getting married (of course we were young, I had just turned nineteen days before and Joe was almost twenty-three). Joe and I have been together almost half my life, we came together as kids and have grown together to become one. He is the strength that I lean on, he is the hardest working and most giving man I know. He will do anything for anyone without a question asked. When times are tough he is always the first to assure me that everything will be OK because I'm one who will dwell on the negative.

Don't get me wrong though, it hasn't always been a bed of roses. We've managed to work through some trying times over the years . . . we aren't perfect! I'm not going to say that I love to listen to him snore every night as soon as his head hits the pillow or the sound of him blowing his goose call in the house every single time I pick up the phone or even the fact that he's not a handyman and can't touch something without screwing it up, but through all his faults (and there's plenty of them) and even some of mine (because the people who know me know that I'm nearly perfect LOL Just kidding . . . I'm far from perfect!) I know that he will always be there by my side. I look forward to what the next fifteen years brings us. Happy anniversary Joe! I love you!!!

Photobucket
November 20, 1993

9 comments:

Shaela said...

oh my gosh, you DO look young!! LOL. Congrats - you guys are so cute together! :)

Margee' said...

Congrats! But I already told you that! :)
Time flies and before you know it, it'll be 24 years! Been there! We're heading to 40 real soon!
We all grow to one over the years.

Mona said...

Congrats again! :)

Joe said...

Fifteen years...Where did it go, we are raising a family and going through the daily grind of keeping everything going in our little world. One of these days we will wake up and wonder "who are these old people?"..I promise you this, everyday that goes by and we grow a little older together, I tell myself that I love you just a little bit more....Here is to another fifteen years..Joe

jinxi~ aka angi said...

awwww... Happy Anniversary!!!
you two seem to make a GREAT couple! Keep on smiling and cheers to another great 15 years to you both!

Angie said...

Congrats!
That is a great picture.

{ erin } said...

Look at that hair! You two were adorable in your wedding pic. Congrats on 15 years!!!

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Gosh I can't believe its been 15 yrs either! Time sure flies :) Happy Anniversary!!!

{ erin } said...

The pies were DELISCIOUS!!! Triple chocolate pumpkin - I mean, how can you go wrong? :o) I'll check back to hear your Thanksgiving tales. We spent ours at my husband's grandparents in the "middle of nowhere Kansas". It was cozy in their farm house and turned out to be very nice. :o) I finally got my scrapbooking stuff unpacked (mostly - I have TOO much!) so maybe I'll have some new stuff to post soon?