This is how our day went . . .
We woke up early on Thursday morning and headed down to the river for the (5K) Turkey Trot. I've only ran a handful of times since the marathon, it's been so hard to get back into running every single morning. And by now I've lost everything that I worked so hard for during my training, it's almost like I haven't ran in months. Because of this, my goal was to make it in under 30-minutes, which I did . . . 27 minutes and 58 seconds! Woo Hoo!!! Can you see me??? He did managed to get the picture centered, but he at least could have gotten it a little closer.
Now back to the turkey . . . dinner was going to be fabulous! That was until Joe and my Dad started to carve the turkey. Let me first say that Joe was pretty darn proud of that turkey, he was up babysitting it every few hours, he even set his alarm clock when he would go back to bed. Joe definitely put A LOT of time and effort to making this a memorable day of giving. AND IT WAS!!! To be honest the white meat was juicy and tender, but the legs and dark meat smelled like the last part of the turkey that would fly over the fence! LOL Seriously, it was that bad! Even though Joe and my Dad said the white meat was OK to eat, Renee' and I couldn't stomach the fact that anything that smelled so bad could possible be edible. Luckily Renee' and I had all the other fixings to make up for the foul fowl!
5 comments:
LOL - at least we al had alot of laughs! That darn turkey didn't ruin everything!
wow, the turkey looks delish - too bad about the legs!! glad you still made do
Sorry your Thanksgiving didn't go that great, but congrats on the run.
well... it *looks* good. ehehee and isnt presentation worth a LOT?? hehee..
Im sure ya'll had a great time just being able to be together. hehe :)
Dinner was great and will be remembered for many years to come. Joe did a good job!
Hope you all enjoyed the turkey a made for all of you last week.
Too bad Mona couldn't have enjoyed it with us too!
Post a Comment