Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Quick Recap . . .

Another week come and gone . . . where does the time go??? Between a Holiday, a weekend getaway, Birthdays, Jakob's wrestling practices, getting sick, working on some DT assignments and playing with my NEW washer/dryer I haven't found a single moment to sit down and blog . . .

Valentine's weekend we rushed out the door as soon as the kids got home from school, dropped them off at my parents, then Joe and I left town for the weekend . . . I couldn't leave without taking a picture of Jakob's first REAL Valentine's and the note inside read . . . "Your the BEST" . . . isn't that Cute??? He's going to be such a heart breaker!
Here's a special Valentine I made for a certain "Special" someone . . .And here's the Valentine Cupcakes that I picked up at a cute little cupcake shop, they actually looked better than they tasted! Kaitie turned "fifteen" last week . . . how can that even be possible? It only seems like yesterday that we were bringing her home from the hospital. She picked Red Robin for her Birthday dinner, then we headed out to Grandma and Papa's for cake and presents . . . what's a Birthday without a cake made by Grandma??? My Mom has always made her special Birthday cakes and this year was no exception . . . this year we went simple, one huge carrot cake cupcake with cream cheese frosting . . . Kaitie's favorite! I quickly made the topper, it wasn't what I was imagining but it did the job! I love the last picture of my Dad serenading Kaitie . . . just look at her face!
And I couldn't finish this post without sharing my NEW (2) favorite things . . . these are AWESOME!!! Who would ever think that doing laundry would be so FUN???
Thanks,
Photobucket

5 comments:

jinxi~ aka angi said...

That cake is CUTE! and its Todds favorite flavor too! hehe

Love your new washer/dryer.. All Moms are envious of you right now, you know that right? hehee ;)

Liz said...

One more day Gina... I am wishing you oddles of luck... and that is the cutest cake and watch out for that heart breaker guy....
and the new washer and dryer to die for

Margee' said...

Gina wouldn't be the same if we didn't have family birthdays together, just wish Mona lived here and could have their birthdays included.
Dad's changed alot lately, he really out did himself with Kaitie on her birthday!
Was a busy weekend, but survived it! Was just glad I'd finally gotten over my sickness in time to have the kids here.
Hugs!

Deana said...

I'm loving the washer & dryer. When we replace what we have now... those are going in! :-)

Margee' said...

I love family birthday gatherings, miss having everyone's birthday here!