Saturday, February 13, 2010

We are the World!

I was just 10-years old when "We are the World" was originally recorded . . . it is definitely a song from my childhood that I'll always remember. I came across the re-recording of We Are the World - 25 for Haiti this morning, the video premiered before the Opening Ceremony of the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics, which I missed last night. I can't explain why I was so emotional watching this video, these days it doesn't seem to take much to get the waterworks flowing . . . I'm a sap I know . . . I get goosebumps every time I listen to it! I sent the link to my Mom so that she could play it for the kids (Joe and I are out of town). I just knew that Kaitie would appreciate this song just like I had when I was younger with some of her favorite musicians singing this time around. This version is not getting the best of reviews . . . but the point behind it is what's important!

Thanks,
Photobucket

6 comments:

Liz said...

ahhhh

Puddle Jumpers Studio said...

Thanks for sharing. I always loved this song and I was a adult when it came out. Still a good one.
pj

jinxi~ aka angi said...

wow, thank you for posting that, I hadnt heard it, but had saw on Twitter by several that I follow that they felt very privledged to be a part of it. Its ok to be a sap too.. Its very emotional!

Anonymous said...

wow ~ i never would have seen this, gina, if it weren't for you.
i like this one MUCH better than the first.
if it's okay to copy, i might put this on my own bloggie. would that be okay?
thanks for sharing the message. :)

Gina said...

Definitely Carole . . . go ahead and share! :)

Margee' said...

Call me old-fashioned, but I like the first version better.
No matter, I love the song anyway!