Usually we make a trip to the cemetery on Memorial Day to honor the fallen soldiers who served our country and also to remember those who we have lost. This year we weren't ready to visit a cemetery and chose to just spend time with family. My Dad who served in Vietnam is my biggest Hero! I'm thankful for his bravery and his strength while serving our country and am proud to know it was men like him that fought for our rights to fly the mighty red, white and blue! This is a picture of his flag flying high . . .

Nothing kicks off summer like a good ole fashioned family BBQ. Joe got up and BBQ ed the country pork ribs with his secret rub, I mixed up some strawberry lemonade and my Mom baked lemon meringue pies and Martha's famous brownies. We usually celebrate my sisters birthday during Memorial Day weekend, but since they moved to New Jersey, this is the 2nd year they've missed out on all the fun! Not to mention some really good food!


5 comments:
Yes, was a busy day of cooking and everyone enjoyed the food.
A day of remembering our fallen soldiers and honoring all soldiers!
yes it was a very nice day...and we had a little more to eat then just the desserts lol
I'm glad you had a nice Memorial day and that you liked the brownies! (I even like the batter - LOL)
Glad to hear you had such a great day! Looks like you had some YUMMY food!
oh, Gina, my mouth is WATERING at all that delicious food! I'll definitely need some of those recipes... :0)
Post a Comment