Sunday, May 25, 2008

Well, I survived the first week . . .

of Marathon Training! Between all the evening runs and what I walked at the gym I did a total of 27 miles this week! Not too bad, huh? And guess what??? I also lost 2 1/2 lbs . . . actually it was 3 1/2 lbs. but somehow I managed to gain a pound back. Why can't it just stay gone once it's gone??? <---- wouldn't we all like to know the answer to that one, but hopefully I'll manage to keep losing and be down at least 20 pounds by October.

Yesterday morning we ran our first (SLOW) long distance, only four miles . . . for some reason though I just couldn't seem to run slow enough, Shaela had to remind me to slow it down! The object is to run slow enough to have a conversation and not get winded. I do have to admit that Shaela and I are going to get to know each other quite well by race day!


The trick to running these long distances to me is having a new course to keep the run interesting and not monotonous . . . I spent this evening driving around (wasting gas) to get new routes for this weeks runs. Hopefully the temperatures for this next week remain low or at least comfortable. I know that it's only a matter of time before we have 100 degree weather, which is going to make for some miserable runs.

1 week down only 19 more weeks to go . . .