Monday, May 18, 2009

Official training has begun . . .

Day #1 already crossed off the schedule . . . it's hard to believe that it's already been a year since I first started training for my marathon, this time around I've decided to only run the half marathon. I honestly don't see myself running the entire 26.2 miles EVER again, the half marathon is a much easier task and it'll only take half as long to complete. And what makes it easier this time around is that I already know what to expect and that Renee' (my twin sis) will be by my side for this journey. I know that I'll be able to count on her all the way to the finish line.

I didn't have plans of getting up so early this morning to run, but Jake woke me up at 5:15 AM not feeling too well. I waited until Kaitie got up and then headed out . . . good thing because it's suppose to get up to 95 degrees today. Jakob and I headed into town just after eight, he tested positive for strep . . . and he's in a lot of pain! I've been walking around the house all day with a can of lysol permanently attached to my hand . . . I certainly don't want to pick this up. I hope those antibiotics kick in quick because I hate to see him like this.

I've not been too crafty lately, but have taken ALOT of pictures that I'm already wanting to scrap . . . I have new things to play with from my recent retail therapy session and I'm ready to CREATE!



4 comments:

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

oh gosh poor Jake - I hope no one else in the house picks it up!!! WOO HOO for day one :D Super Projects too!!! tfs

Jennifer Hope Longenecker said...

I'm not a runner by any means so I admire those who are. Very cute projects. Don't you just love retail therapy.

jinxi~ aka angi said...

Great projects.. Im glad you have your crafty mojo back.. it is great!

I hope Jakob is feeling better these days and that the rest of the family including you steer clear of the germies!

and I think its super cool that you and your sister can and will do such great and monumental things together. YOU GO GIRLS!

Margee' said...

Great cards! Good luck with the training for another marathon!
Sure glad Jakob was the only one to get sick.