As we dropped Kaitie off Joe asked her if we could show back up early so that we could bust some moves of our own on the dance floor, she would have really thought he was serious if "Square Dance Rap" would have come on. Kaitie thinks we're so out of it, but little does she know . . . we've got to be just about the coolest parents out there. From what Joe saw as he waited for her in the parking lot it's pretty true! LOL :D Earlier Joe had threatened to chaperon the dance, he really wouldn't have done it, but it sure gets Kaitie wound up constantly bringing it up! I know that I would have not wanted my parents at my dances when I was her age especially as they would say cuttin' a rug . . . imagine how embarassing that would have been! Joe's reading over my shoulder and says they'd be having a sock hop . . . Mom, you can punch him later, I know that was way before your time. ;)
Kaitie had a great time, I've got her trained pretty well in the taking pictures department . . . I told her that either she took her camera to take pictures or I would have to go so that I could, anything to keep us out of there . . .

4 comments:
Love the photos...Kaitie is off to high school and MegAnn is off to middle school...time sure flies!
Yes! Time flies and you need to enjoy them now before they are all grown up!
Kaitie looks great in the photos. Sorry about the bad week, hopefully things will calm down for awhile, you both need to have a relationship.
Yep! Joe Sock-hops for me and dances for Rudy, since we grew up in different environments, me in the country and Rudy in the city.
Those are super pictures of Kaitie...oh maybe I need to help out at the dances...maybe not...you might not want me to show Kaitie how to dance like that lol :) hope Kaitie had a good time!
hahaha.. ya'll crack me up!
Congrats to Kaitie!!! and to you and Joe for living through that teen drama ;)
Post a Comment