Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas has come and gone . . .

for another year, it's kind of sad when you think about how long you've planned and how much you prepared for it to feel like it's over in minutes . . . literally! But then again on the other hand a huge relief, I was actually ready to take the tree down last night, but decided to wait another couple of days so it's still up . . . probably this weekend!

We tried and tried for a good family photo, all the others were either blurry or someone didn't look right and with this one the colors were messed up . . . but this was as good as it got!

We spent Christmas Eve over at my parents, we had our traditional clam chowder for dinner and I made an eggnog cake for dessert . . . I don't think it was as big a hit as I thought it was going to be, Jakob really didn't care for it at all, which was surprising because he loves eggnog. The kids were waiting on pins and needles for Papa to give the "OK" to start handing out the gifts, it used to be a big family to-do with all the cousins and everyone else gathering around my Mom's Christmas tree. This was the first year that it was only my kids Home for the Holiday's! I always have considered myself lucky to be so close with my parents, especially when it comes to the Holidays . . . I couldn't think of spending Christmas anywhere else other than at their house, well . . . except for maybe in St. Marteen! Just kidding, although that does sound really nice!

Once we got home, the kids laid out reindeer food on the front lawn and we got Santa's cookies and milk, actually it was eggnog, to keep his spirits up for the long journey ahead! Morning came before we knew it and even though we heard the pitter patter of their feet between the hallway and the Christmas tree, the kids were nice enough to let us sleep in until 10 minutes to seven . . . I can remember growing up . . . we would wake up so early in the morning, but always ended up having to wait until my Dad had had his glass of OJ before he would be ready to hand out our presents! Sometimes it felt like pure torture, but it was always part of the excitement! Santa brought Kaitie and Jakob just about everything that was on their WISH lists this year, he must have turned a cheek during a couple of their "naughty" times! We headed back to my parents for Christmas dinner . . . baked ham and mashed potatoes and gravy, pumpkin and lemon meringue pie for dessert. We watched "The Nanny Diaries", Kaitie got this movie for Christmas along with "Hairspray", we haven't watched that one yet though. After a long two days everyone was ready for a rest and looking forward to the New Year!



lil Dude had his own gifts too . . . also his very own stocking! Santa left him some mini beggin' strips, he loved them!


Remember that gift from Joe that I couldn't wait to open??? Well, here's what was inside those boxes . . .

3 comments:

Margee' said...

Yes, always alot of work to get ready for Christmas and then it's over in a few minutes.
I cooked for 2 days and glad you all enjoyed eating it all, that's not counting all of the days making and baking Christmas goodies for the whole family.

Mona said...

Sounds like you all had a great Christmas! ~ I didn't even take photos this year!! :(

Marc is always hounding on me that we don't enjoy the moments cause we are alway worrying about the photos...phooy on him, I want the photos!! Next year...

Carol A. said...

I am lovin' that new Coach purse Gina...what a great hubby!