Today, to our surprise we got SNOW and a lot of it! The kids and I went over to my Mom's to bake cookies while Joe went hunting . . . nothings more festive than baking Grandma's famous gingerbread cookies and watching the unexpected snow fall outside. As soon as it started snowing I called Joe to see what it was doing out where he was . . . he said he was just starting to see some flakes, but that he was done and headed home.I decided that the kids and I should head back home too. My Dad scraped off the couple of inches of snow that had already accumulated on my car. Driving home was pretty crazy, the hill up towards our house had a multiple car accident on it and the police were turning everyone back around. We backtracked, going no faster than maybe 20 MPH. I don't know what it is about snow and ice . . . I swear it brings out all of the lunatics! On Joe's way home, he traveled 25 miles on the highway and saw several cars turned over on their roofs and a lot of cars in the ditch. One lady flew past him going about 50MPH in her car, it wasn't too far up the road that she hit the guardrail. Seems like the our area will be pretty icy come morning . . . we're hoping for at least a school delay!
Here's a couple pictures of Jakob while we were still at Grandma and Grandpa's house . . . he loves the snow and once it starts you can't keep him inside. After we made it home, he stayed outside and shoveled all the snow off the driveway while waiting for Joe. He's such a good kid with a soft heart. While he was shoveling, he tells me this, "Papa Joe is looking down at me and he is proud of me because I am taking care of Grandma Cathy and this family!" <--- I think he's finally come to realize what happened, he knows that Papa Joe is up in Heaven looking down on him everyday!

2 comments:
Yes! Snow was not expected yesterday!
oh Gina that second pic of your little man is gorgeous. What a sweetie.
Post a Comment