Sunday, June 7, 2009

18.75 miles ran . . .

this past week . . . Saturday morning I set out for my 6-mile run (it ended up being 6.25 by the time I got to my destination). This was the longest run so far this training and I made it the whole way without stopping, which I knew I would . . . stopping would only be cheating myself! Week #4 starts tomorrow . . .

Also, this weekend we went to my BIL's step-daughters graduation party . . . I can't believe that in just four short years we'll be planning a celebration for Kaitie. Jakob got to play with his cousin Max, those two are like two peas in a pod! I didn't lug my camera to the party, but Kaitie's pretty good about bringing her camera along and snapped this picture of the Hanson Guys!

It's been a great weekend . . . we've hung out with family, lounged around, watched movies and I've managed to scrap a few LO's that I'll be able to share this coming week. The new season of "Army Wives" starts again tonight . . . I think I'll have Joe make me an orange pomegranate martini and I'll enjoy at least an hour anyways of peace and quiet and good TV.

5 comments:

Mona said...

Great Job on the running! Believe it or not I ran a total for 3 miles this weekend. I think I need to find better shoes! My footsies are a little sore. :(

Gina said...

Mona, your shoes will make all the difference in the world . . . get some Brooks! :)

On another note . . . any other celebrity sightings while in the city?

{ erin } said...

18.75 miles??? I may (MAY) have walked that around NYC...I definately need to check into those Brooks. I could barely walk when we got back!!

WTG on the training.... you rock!

Margee' said...

Great job running. Keep up the good work!
Family gatherings are alot of fun!

jinxi~ aka angi said...

ahhh thats just an awesome photo! Sounds like the weekend rocked!

Im glad your run was good and that you forged on! Good thinking. I could use some of your brain! haha